Tree Waterfall. Corrugated Cardboard Sculpture. 2016.

For this piece we had to create an abstract piece that tells a story, or that symbolizes something in real life by using cardboard. I chose to do trees that are growing in a waterfall-like effect. I would also say the trees look like some sort of Japanese buildings. I had used a razor to cut out the shapes and hot glue to glue them together. I wanted to add texture to the trees, so I removed the first layer of the cardboard to show the middle, wavy layer. I also built a fence around the piece to symbolize the protection of our society and nature. Finally, I cut out a small pond next to the trees and a small garden of flowers next to them as well.  This piece to me symbolizes a growing society and the beauty of nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Skull