Living Lights. Acrylic Paint. 2017.

In this painting, I wanted to depict a scene from my childhood. Going out and catching fireflies with my brothers was the usual summer night for us. I chose to do this painting because I wanted to take the viewer back to their childhood. I want them to remember the fun times they would have as kids. The sense of being care free, the laughter, the bumps and bruises, and the all around happiness. I wanted to use dark greens and blues to depict the perfect summer night. I would layer the paint on to give the painting life and dimension. I wanted the viewer to be able to walk around the painting and see something new that would jump out at them. I also layered the paint to make the candle and flame. This gives the painting more of a warm feel with the dark blues and greens for the background. I want this painting to take the viewers back to a happy place in time. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Skull