Darlene Whitten age 13. Pencil Drawing. 2018.

This drawing is in memory of my late grandmother who passed away on October 13, 2018. She was a cancer patient. My grandmother had her first pass with cancer in 1980 when she was diagnosed with colon cancer. She went through treatment and the cancer shrunk and she survived. In 2016, she found out she had gallbladder cancer that was spreading quickly. She went into surgery and got her gallbladder removed and was put in regular chemo treatments to kill off the rest of the cancer cells. She was recovering and cancer free until 2017 she found out the cancer had spread to her liver. She had 2 golfball sized tumors growing rapidly in her liver. The cancer won the fight with my precious grandma. To go through 3 different types of cancer in one lifetime is a lot for anyone, and she never gave up. I will always remember my grandma as the strong fighter she was. Rest in peace,  sweet soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Skull