Cherries Will Bloom. White Earthenware Clay. 2017.

This piece was one of my personal favorites to make. When I started to build this I decided that I was going to carve away lines into the piece to give it depth. After I got the lines carved, they resembled vines to me. I went with the idea of vines and something that would grow on them. When I added some round pieces of clay onto the rim of the piece, they looked like some sort of berry. I then added a decorative handle and thin lines going down the side to add more of a vine effect. When I finished placing the dots around the piece in no specific order, I decided that when it was fired I would be glazing the vines green and the dots red to look like cherries. I decided on the title because the  cherries did not appear fully bloomed but as if they were still awaiting to do so.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugar Skull